France goalkeeper and captain Hugo Lloris hailed his German counterpart Manuel Neuer as the best in the business ahead of the sides' clash in the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals.
Belgium defender Thomas Vermaelen is back in contention to feature against Argentina in Saturday's World Cup quarter-final after returning to full training.
He may be the youngest player in a Costa Rican side making history in Brazil but Joel Campbell is playing like an old pro and FIFA.com caught up with the No9 and his veteran team-mates to learn more about this young Tico who is learning his trade on the job.
On 4 and 5 July the football community will celebrate the 13th annual Anti-Discrimination Day, and former Trinidad-and-Tobago captain Dwight Yorke spoke with FIFA.com about eradicating discrimination through football.
France coach Didier Deschamps insisted that his team have no reason to fear Germany as the sides prepare to clash in the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals.
The 2nd and 3rd of July are rest days for teams at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™, but for virtual football fans, these two days marked the biggest event of the gaming year, the Grand Final of the FIFA Interactive World Cup 2014!
Ahead of the France-Germany Brazil 2014 quarter-final, Michel Hidalgo, France's coach during their 1982 FIFA World Cup semi-final against Germany, recalls that fateful day with FIFA.com.
- American Exports: Mix Diskerud quiet for Rosenborg; Sacha Kljestan gets a cameo for Anderlecht
- Influential Indiana University coach Todd Yeagley backs proposal for split college soccer schedule
- Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem weighs international choice but receives no sympathy from Thierry Henry
- In 1-0 loss to Aston Villa, Houston Dynamo turn in long-missing defensive performance
- Portland Timbers to go for broke in Montreal: We can risk losing in pursuit of 3 points