It was only after their hard-fought victory over a resilient United States side on Tuesday that Belgium's players admitted that their group-stage displays had left a lot to be desired.
From the sands of the Copacabana to the rooftop of the Hotel Pestana, the Grand Finalists had an unforgettable start in Rio de Janeiro, culminating in the group stage draw.
The Netherlands will be without Nigel de Jong for the rest of the FIFA World Cup™ through injury.
France coach Didier Deschamps on Tuesday sought to temper growing expectations generated by his team's impressive run to the FIFA World Cup™ quarter-finals.
- New York Red Bulls' Ambroise Oyongo's rapid rise accelerates as Cameroonian turns heads vs. Arsenal
- Another wardrobe malfunction helps sink fading Chivas USA: "That's pretty sad, but that's our reality"
- Transfer Watch: Is Italian international Alberto Aquilani next big name to join New York City FC?
- Tim Howard signs multi-year deal to serve as English Premier League TV analyst for NBC Sports
- Castrol Index Weekly Top 20: Toronto FC's Jackson sprints his way to top spot in Week 20