- It is MU’s policy that participants at 9U-11U and all Tango players will get a chance to play multiple positions and will generally get equal time in games over the course of the season.
- Player development is the focus at these levels of play.
- Coaches can reduce playing times for reasons such as the following:
- Missing or disrupting practices
- Tardiness to practice
- Failure to notify coaches in advance regarding absences from practices or games
- Failure to follow coaches directions
- At 12U and up at the Premier, Copa & Samba levels, coaches have discretion to field the most competitive team (playing time and position). When and where a player plays is strictly up to the coach.
Roster Size Policy
The number of players on each team may be a function of the number of players registering for any season and other specific team considerations as determined by MU’s Coaching Director, with input from the Team Coach.
- 9U to 10U teams play 7v7 and roster 10-12 players.
- 11U and 12U teams play 9v9 and roster 12-14 players.
- 13U - 16U teams roster 16-18 players.
- 17U and older teams roster 16-22 players
Note: All Tango level teams must accept new registrants if not fully rostered.